Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Matched by Ally Condie

Matched (Matched #1)

Synopsis

Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows with complete certainty that he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black.

The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow.



My rating: 4 of 5 stars



AMAZING. Pretty much all I have to say. Haha, there are so many good reviews of this novel and I didn't even realize it until halfway finished. Happy to say I couldn't agree more.

I'm a huge fan of dystopia novels, can not get enough of them. From The Giver to the Uglies series. Each is unique and apparently their systems are totally wrong. At least for some certain individuals. Cassia is a beautiful, strong character. I devoured this book in only a few hours thanks to her.

Right from the synopsis, I knew how this book was going to end. Sorry to be a spoiler but if you don't already know that she chooses Ky, well I'm sorry but how do you think the first book of this trilogy will end?! Obviously she won't just settle with Xander, nothing would move forward from there! Not that I wasn't secretly rooting for Xander the whole time, he made this book twice as enjoyable.

As for Ky, I think I'll have to get to know him better as the series continues. There's a lot of mystery surrounding him. Just exactly how did he escape? Hmmm... One does wonder.

My only other comment on this series is the writing flow, I liked it. I can see a few places though where others might not. There's some moments where it seems fast. Only a few. I'll probably reread this in order to get a more in-depth look and see where my opinion goes. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment