Friday, January 14, 2011

Echoes by Melinda Metz

Echoes (Fingerprints, #1-3)Synopsis:

Can't believe she did that . . .

. . . at four-thirty I have to . . .

. . . I hate this place . . .

Rae Voight is losing her mind. When she walks down the halls of Sanderson Prep, she hears voices . . . even when no one is talking. Other people's thoughts crowd her head, a confusing tangle of insecurities and dark secrets. Just when Rae reaches her breaking point, one voice comes screaming through the din, loud and clear:

. . . Rae must die . . .

If Rae doesn't figure out who the thought belongs to soon, she could lose more than just her sanity...


My rating: 3 of 5 stars


So far I am liking the series. Wish I had the other books right now so I can find out who it is!! Although I have a pretty good idea after Haunted. No spoilers though! :)

I am a little disappointed that Rae and Antony's relationship didn't heat up. Looking forward to some smooching and it never happened. Ah well, maybe within the next few books. The epilogues were really haunting. Got goosebumps every time. In the third book's, when the stalker said my Rae, I had the willies all over!

The pacing in this novel was great. And I loved Metz idea of different fonts for individual thoughts. Usually when I read a novel where there's mind powers involved, it can become meddled but no troubles here!

Rae, as a character, I was okay with. She seemed a little out there to begin with. So your hearing voices, and you're trying to tell yourself you're totally normal. Okay Miss Delusional. As for Anthony, he grew attached too Rae a little too quick for me, and he's violent. Not to mention possessive in Trust Me. Loved Yana, she was fun and quirky, though I feel like there's a lot more to the girl. Secondary characters were okay, but not that fleshed out.

I like this cover better than the originals as well. Rae looks fiiine, for a girl I mean hah. Really want my skin to look that flawless.

No comments:

Post a Comment