Friday, February 4, 2011

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1)
Synopsis
In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now.

The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next.

I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth.

I AM NUMBER FOUR.
I AM NEXT.


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


As much as I loved this book, I hated this book.

The plot and background and all the secondary characters were great and unique. Main character, John Smith, I had a harder time with. Which is very weird for me. Usually, with any book, I love the main character without a doubt (unless the book is horrendous.) I won't give too much away but John was selfish and a liar, and his actions ultimately killed. Not to mention he abused his powers. Sounds to me like John Smith may not be his planet's great protector.

I will continue reading the series, mainly to find out more about Lorien and the other numbers. And to see if Number Four can redeem himself. He has a long way to go though, because right now he's reminding me of Anakin from Star Wars.... Yeah, I just got nerdy.

Must say I loved the beginning to this novel. Stating that this book was nonfiction and names had been changed to protect their identities. How am I to know any different? It would be amazing to know if it's real but I guess you gotta be one of the lucky people. Like Sam or Sarah.

No comments:

Post a Comment