Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Fallen: Volume 1 by Thomas E. Sniegoski

The Fallen: Volume 1 (The Fallen & Leviathan)Synopsis

THE ULTIMATE QUEST FOR REDEMPTION

On his eighteenth birthday, Aaron begins to hear strange voices and is convinced he is going insane. But having moved from foster home to foster home, Aaron doesn't know whom he can trust. He wants to confide in the cute girl from class, but fears she'll confirm he's crazy.

Then a mysterious man begins following Aaron. He knows about Aaron's troubled past and his new powers. And he has a message for Aaron: As the son of a mortal and an angel, Aaron has been chosen to redeem the Fallen.

Aaron tries to dismiss the news and resists his supernatural abilities. But he must accept his newfound heritage — and quickly. For the dark powers are gaining strength, and are hell-bent on destroying him..


My rating: 4 of 5 stars


The first thing I must say is that I LOVE Labs! So this book automatically had 2 stars for having a Lab in here as a main character. Poor Gabriel, I really felt for him the most out of any other. All I kept imagining was my Prince in this story. (Prince is my own black Lab :)

Aaron has a tough time during both books deciding whether he believed in all the wondrous happenings he was experiencing. Which is pretty irksome. Seriously you've lost everything, and now you won't even try to enjoy some amazing powers given to you. Whatever dude, any other normal guy would just go for it. As for Vilma, well she fell flat. I only started paying attention to her at the end of the second book. Highly convenient what's about to happen, I think, and not very happy with it.

The story line was a little slow. In the second book, I'm not really sure what the point of that entire book was... More like a filler book to elaborate on certain characters or something, but I didn't see a big difference or any development.

Have to say the funniest part is when Camael had french fries for the first time. How I imagined his expression is priceless no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment